Re: [DNS]

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:48:24 +0800
Quoting Don Cameron on Wednesday November 14, 2001:

| Noting your off-list posting to me earlier today and my subsequent reply, I
| trust we do not now need to exchange banter on this forum. If you consider
| my comments to be 'nonsense', then kindly explain why, despite many requests
| for the archives to be made available, it has taken recent events to raise
| this matter to the status of something worthy of a response?

I had intended to have them online when the new site was
deployed a few weeks ago (you'll note the placeholder at
http://www.auda.org.au/list/dns/archive/). It was also planned to move
the DNS List to auDA's server at the same time and integrate everything.
It seemed to make sense to do it all at once to save time, however
moving the list to the new machine has been delayed by auDA's move from
Melbourne to Carlton, and a subsequent delay in getting the broadband
link back in place.

As it seems there are still delays getting auDA's connectivity restored
I will look to resurrecting the list archive to an interim measure and
changing the list config later.

FWIW, Elements of the old list archive can be accessed at
http://listmaster.iinet.net.au/larc/dns/ with the username/password of
'dns'.

I'd already responded to the list it was a technical problem with the
list host, and that auDA did not take them down. To suggest that the
only possible conclusion is that auDA wants the archives to not return,
is a nonsense.

kim