[DNS] Dissent on process

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§businesspark.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:23:20 +1100
I find the current "debate" on process somewhat surprising.  Every
participant had adequate opportunity to comment on - even to change - the
tendering process and domain management process to which some objecting.  So
why should there be complaints now, and debate on policy now, when the
opportunity that was given has passed and not been taken up?

It's the prospect of this very type of kafuffle that led me to call for
members and resellers to workshop the Code of Conduct with which we'll all
be bound.  It's the same inaction that's resulted in no such meeting being
arranged.  And I fear that when resellers are required to comply with the
Code of Conduct, or are called on to act within it to deal with rogues in
the industry, there will be the same sense of "If only we'd done that when
we had the chance."

Ron Stark
Business Park Pty Ltd
mail: ronstark&#167;businesspark.com.au
tel: +61 (0)3 9592 6895   fax: +61 (0)3 9591 0729
mob: +61 (0)41 812 9922

Candidate for the Board - Supply Class