Re: [DNS] why not just make available

From: DPF <david§>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:28:55 +1200
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:07:15 +1000, "Harry Hoholis"
<webmaster&#167;> wrote:

>I have been following the list for some time with interest.
>I have searched the auda web site and cannot find any reasoning as
>to why the .au namespace itself is not simply made available to
>the Australian public and released in a similar fashion as .biz
>Would this not solve alot a problems?

We have debated this from time to time in .nz also.

If one had never had 2LDs it could be a good idea but it would be
chaotic to try to bring it at a late stage.

Beyond doubt every person who has would want  So you would effectively force several hundred
thousand companies to register an additional name.

Also what about when you have conflicts between say
and and they both want - who gets it?

The problems are not insoluble but they seem to generate more hassles
that anything they solve.

ICQ 29964527

Archived at (user: dns, pass: dns)
Email "unsubscribe" to dns-request&#167; to be removed.