RE: [DNS] Questions and statements

From: Peter Ostenberg <peterost§start.com.au>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 17:00:28 +1000
Thanks Larry. Perhaps direct questions are  appropriate.

com.au registrants follow the press together with this forum and
although numerous issues are raised - very few see the light of day to
any great degree. Let alone become clear. All general comments, snide
remarks, speculation and soapboxing. Hardly a professional manner in
which to install confidence in auDA and the present system.

Contentious issues are best dealt with in a professional manner and by
way of reassurance.

Cheers,

Peter Ostenberg.

Original message from: larry&#167;netregistry.au.com

>Peter
>
>"The fact that NetRegistry hosts the AUNIC database and are also
using it
>(or
>other whois databases) for their direct email campaigns might imply a
>conflict of interest."
>
>This is not a question.
>
>Let me reiterate:
>
>NetRegistry does not have a bulk direct email campaign to non
NetRegistry
>customers/contacts. The above statement is unfair and inaccurate.
It's a
>statement that implies a breach of contractual agreements between
>NetRegistry and auDA, so its not simply question asking.
>
>Josh did *not* simply ask a question. He made a statement. I think it
is
>appropriate to respond.
>
>Larry

Rowe
>?????
>

>Subject: RE: [DNS] NetRegistry expects apology from Joshua Rowe ?????
>

>If one cannot express an interest in the views of other parties and
>request
>clarification on particular issues surrounding an industry, anyone in
>their
>right mind would be asking, and should be asking very loudly, for
what
>is
>the purpose of this list?
>
>Josh simply asked a question. Chris do you plan on responding anytime
>soon?
>We're all interested to hear this. L. Bloch is clearly too uptight to
>provide an explanation rather than a defence. The explanation he's
put
>forward being identical to what Net Registry staff have handed out
>aimlessly
>(and unconvincingly) in an attempt to fend off all enquiries relating
>unsolicited advertising over the past two days. SO one has to ask, is
>it so
>far out of the water to question this situation???
>
>Questions should be asked and they will be asked again and again
until
>clear concise answer is provided and that is not an unfair
expectation
>from
>anyone in this industry or the general public.
>

>Cheers,
>
>Peter Ostenberg.

dns)