RE: [DNS] Advertising on AUNIC - Competitive neutrality?

From: Scott Neville <scott§teragen.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:31:54 -0700 (PDT)
> How about the speed of the service now ... would you like that to go back to
> how that used to be too?

Dumping the banner Ads doesnt mean going back to how aunic used to be..
AuDA was offered a free hosting solution without having to provide banner
ads.. Just imagine it, someone who was willing to do it for the good of
the Oz Internet, not just to benefit themselves - kinda hard to believe in
this day and age.. :) Unfortunately, I didnt see the tender process
happening, so my offer wasnt submitted at the right time..

Well, the offer is still there, though I would only be willing to place it
in a US facility now.. Id be willing to wager that it would have much more
bandwidth available to it there than what NetRegistry has.. :) Would
people consider that the lesser of two evils? Worth it to have no
advertising? Hosted by someone who doesnt have a $$ stake in the game? I
would, but thats just me..

> Your choice: would you prefer to have no AUNIC and no ads or AUNIC with
> ads, because those are the only two choices available (and one isn't
> really a choice, is it?)

well obviously thats just bullshit, but thats to be expected..

Scott..