[DNS] 6:224 AU (AUSTRALIA)

From: JIM FLEMING <JimFleming§prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 00:50:22 -0500
There is another explanation for people's silence.

The "Internet Way" is to note damage and route around it.
This is similar to the way "adults" learn to drive cars.
They casually note the roadblocks and steer to freedom.

The "Internet Way" is also Darwinian, "The Survival of the Fittest".
If a group of "adults" is so weak that it can not identify
roadblocks and steer around them, then maybe they do not deserve
to have anyone spend the time to comment on their activities.
If a group of adults, do not have any Internet infrastructure
deployed, (i.e. networks and servers), then maybe others will not
take note and comment.

The "Internet Way" is also about Mindshare and Marketshare.
Don't let the academics fool you. They are more into this than
people may be willing to admit. Their students are customers and
those students decide to participate with an institution and
program because of years of perception. That perception may be
that an institution has "power" because individuals there have
magic forces which baffle large groups of adults, who are so weak
they can not easily figure out how to route around the wizards.

As for "The IANA", I am not sure what millenium you folks are
living in, but I can assure you there is no IANA and there is
no Wizard of OZ. If you continue to follow the Yellow Brick
Road, you may wander forever. In my opinion, you need to deploy
infrastructure and route around damage. If you do not, the
rest of the world will continue to laugh at you, as they note
that your Yellow Brick Road is really a dusty path, a long way
from anything that matters.

Jim Fleming
http://www.DOT-NZ.com
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif