RE: [DNS] re-delegation of .au

From: Cate Coorey <catecoorey§bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 05:54:21 +1000
Chris Disspain wrote
>Cate,
>
>I do not think your comments are in any way a personal attack. I welcome
>robust debate on all issues and that is, at least in part, what this list is
>for.

well ok then... I find the absence of a formal resolution on the move to
request a re-delegation at this time quite disturbing. I also find staff
assertions that none is required equally disturbing. Please remedy this
minor oversight by calling a meeting (by electronic means or whatever as
allowed for in the constitution) and poll each Board member as to their
support for this action at this time, then post the results on the web. ( I
can live with a retroactive resolution since the issue is for me is not so
much the action at this stage - since I have no detail - but process and
accountability, which I thought was the whole point of auDA)

My concern / curiosity stems from media releases which imply there has been
some sort of impasse and auDA releases which say he wont return your calls.
I wonder what formal concrete documented steps were taken to win him over
and whether each board member considered them sufficient. I would have
thought if the board sent formal letters to Elz 90 days ago or whatever
that those would have been posted.  If the letter simply said "we would
like to assume the role of trustee and have the support of xyz, please let
us know if you have any concerns so that we may address them. If we dont
hear from you in 90 days we will assume we have your support and approach
the IANA for a re delegation. Maybe you did this who knows, After not
having heard from him I would have though the board would have met and
approved (formally) the staff to approach the IANA.... I know too much
openness and transparency can slow things down and start little "off topic
" bush fires, fair enough but a formal move by the board to approve a major
inititive is not too much to ask. I think I have exhausted this topic now,
sorry to moan on list readers...

Cate Coorey