Re: [DNS] re-delegation of .au

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:33:41 +1000 (EST)
] In part yes but it doesn't address the issue of individuals wishing to join
] auDA without having to purchase a domain name license under .au.
] Personally, although being involved in DNS issues for a number of years, I
] have not purchased a domain name license under .au as I considered the
] policies and pricing prohibitive.  A large number of people who could have
] substantive participation may not consider purchasing a license.  There is
] also the matter of informing people about this possibility when they
] register a .au domain name.

I would note that individuals can register their own domains under the
*.id.au hierarchy.  Some of the current registrars in this space do not
charge any money, and some have policies where you can pick essentially
any name you like, and there is at least one registrar who has both.

But there is no guarantee this situation will continue in the post-
competition space.

Disclaimer: I am the registrar for wattle.id.au.

David Keegel <david&#167;keegel.wattle.id.au>  I speak for myself, no one else.