Re: [DNS] auDA approves changes to domain name policy

From: Ed Sweeney <ed§capital.net.au>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:05:34 +1000
At 01:18 PM 5/10/2001 +0800, Jim Ayson wrote:
>At 09:55 AM 5/10/01 +1000, you wrote:
>
>>auDA is now working on an implementation strategy.  Changes to domain name
>>policy will not take effect until the second half of 2001, in conjunction
>>with the introduction of competition in the domain name services market.
>
>Q: What is the status of the move to introduce competition in the .au
>space? Any other contenders to Melbourne IT so far?

Jim,

The TotalNIC Registrar division of Capital Networks has already held
favourable discussions with AuDA with a view to further involvement,
particularly in relation to COM.AU.

TotalNIC is an existing gTLD registrar with an established operating
history of market leading price competition in .COM, .NET and .ORG among
other achievements.

Regards,
Ed

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ph-cyberview