Re: [DNS] CHINESE DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM LAUNCHES ON ALTERNATIVE ROOT SERVER

From: Ron Ipsen <ron§comu.net.au>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 20:03:22 +1100
<satire>

yep, the chinese are having a crack at it but we are not too far behind.

I heard that the TBOBHUA (true blue ockers bar holder upperers association
) were doing the same.

any word that had a distinctly ocker flavour eg bugger, meat_pie, swaggie,
pub, dunny, ozioziozioyoyoy etc were being claimed as going only through
the name server at rootem.bloke.net.

A representative of bloke.net said today that if other cultures could claim
their culture specific word particles and characters as their own right in
cyberspace then we <deleted> well can too! We've certainly got enough
bloody characters of our own round 'ere.

The new system will not require add in software as yet but will assist in
the resolving of issues related to the issuing of identical business names
in the various states.

Suffixes will be classified by the local brewers product for example
victoria would use the suffix's .vb and .fosters with Queensland registered
business's using .xxxx and NSW most likely using . old or .new depending on
personal preference. The annexure of New Zealand as a regional entity
within this system ensures it has equal status with the Tasmanians. The
Tasmanians would use the two headed suffix of .boags-cascade and the New
Zealanders of course have a preference for .sheep

It was considered by the TBOBHUA committee that the Northern territory
population was generally too drunk to use the net and that the crow eaters
and sand gropers could just go figure something out for themselves. This
was resolved mostly due to the lack of decent beer in both states.

</satire>

Rehab ;^>