Re: [DNS] a few stories...

From: Peter Nissen <peter.nissen§adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 10:16:31 +1030
Colleagues

I notice the court found? that:

"Uzi Nissan is 'selling confusion' "Thousands of people arrive at
nissan.com everyday looking for Nissan, the car company, not Nissan
Computer or Uzi Nissan"

So what, my surname is Nissen (EN not AN) (ie. danish that pre-dates
NISSAN MOTORS by many centuries) and thanks to NISSAN MOTORS doing
business in Australia my name is often mispelt.

We all have to live with some ambiguity and confusion so why should Uzi
Nissan's ownership of nissan.com, provided he is not simply
cyber-squatting be ursurped by Nissan Motors just because they are
bigger.

I don't have a problem with nissanmotors.com. If thousands do, heaven
help us.

The real issue here I believe is the omission of .us for USA only
companies and sites. Maybe we need an extension for multi-nationals OR
only multinationals can omit the country code!!

Regards,
Peter

--
Peter Nissen
Director, Strategic IT Initiatives

Tel: +61 8 8303 5584  Fax: +61 8 8303 4400
Email:  peter.nissen&#167;adelaide.edu.au