Re: [DNS] Colateral damage

From: Kerry Henry <KHenry§ClickOn.au.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 14:02:56 +1100
Vic,

No.

If they have a viable business plan and they want an Aussie domain space for
branding purposes, then register a company name (not RBN as that would
restrict name to one State) and register relevant domain names as required
to support their overall plan.

I really don't understand all the fuss to be honest.  I have always worked
with the prevailing conditions.

If a new concept, keep your mouth shut; do your research on available
business names and relevant internet names;  and then pounce.

I have successfully approached third parties who have dormant business or
internet names - made an offer - if accepted great - if declined, move to
plan B.

The 'be all' is a sound business plan.  There are usually alternative
trading badges.

If a total impass and the various names are a MUST HAVE, involve the other
party in the deal.

I trust I have covered your comment.

Kerry