[DNS] Seeking Redress for Domain Name Rejections

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:10:21 +1100
Hi Kerry

Thank you for that.  You've raised some interesting points (particular as I'm
on one panel and have nominated for the auDA Board).

I'm not a lawyer.  My off-the-cuff view is as follows:

The provisions of common law and Corporations Law will apply to all directors
of auDA.  This law gives effect to auDA's Constitution.  They owe a "duty of
care" and must not be negligent.  They must also act honestly.

Those responsibilities could mean:

(a)    Any changes must be publicly announced for all to know.
(b)    There must be no retrospectivity.
(c)    Anyone who applied before and was refused must be treated equitably (as
they were before) with all other applicants.
(d)    There's scope for insurance to cover directors' liability.

But I'll think about it some more.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss