Re: [DNS] .au space proposal

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:33:40 +1100
Kerry Henry [KHenry&#167;] wrote:
> Advising an Australian business to register a 'dot com' because it is easier
> is just ................ let's say stupid and very short term focused.

I beg to differ. people want easy to remember names. .com is easier then
.com offers an international image. and in this era of globalisation
its seen as a good thing by most people. I think you are a little stuck
in the last millenium.

there is nothing long term guaranteed about dns, a new protocol could overnight
wipe out any "value" in the current naming system.