Re: [DNS] What's in a name? Too little, says panel

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:45:17 +1100
Don Cameron wrote:

> who is marketing the benefits of the .au namespace? - It's not exactly good
> business practice to expect the market to support a product that is not even
> advertised or promoted (business management - marketing a product 101).

Interesting that Melbourne IT doesn't get out there advertising and promoting
as much as possible.  "Register your .au domain name NOW !!!"

At $140 for each domain name registered it is a licence to print money.

> My thoughts? - I don't think the administrators want people to purchase .au
> Domains... how could I think otherwise? - they are not advertised... (who is

Who are the "administrators" you're referring to?  Melbourne IT is a
commercial outfit quoted on the Australian Stock Exchange.

Regards
Patrick Corliss