Re: [DNS] icann's new names ...

From: George Michaelson <ggm§dstc.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:44:42 +1000
  Good luck to Melbourne IT for getting the most lucrative sounding .biz.
  Although I still don't like the misspelling of 'business', perhaps companies
  will take it up.

I think M-IT deserve to be recognized for getting a proposal up. They
went in with XML and I think dynamic-dns as a fonudation for running this
as a fully distributed registry method. We can argue about the merits of
rewarding a space like this to a single entity, but technically its a brave
submission, and if it comes off then its cash flowing into Australia which
I am all in favour of.

  Does this list think that the new TLDs will apply pressure to create similar
  name space within .au?

what do you mean? we've had info.au for *ages* :-)

-George