Re: [DNS] Whats in a name (Sex)

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 05:35:54 +1000
Hi Brett

The record for sex.com.au shows that it was registered on 1 Jan 1993.  It was
registered before the current rules were introduced and has continued under
another policy which you might call the "existing right of use" policy.  It is
what has become known as a "historic" domain name.

There have been various changes in policy over the years, in both the .com.au
and .net.au policies.   To check these sort of names carefully, you have to
determine what version of the policy applied at the relevant date.  You'll
also see that the word "sex" is not derived from the business name.

Complicating such an analysis is the realisation that the dates themselves are
sometimes unreliable for several reasons.   And talking about dates, earlier
policies allowed indefinite domain life.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss

Object-Type: DOMAIN
    Organization-Name: Internet Communications
    Organization-ACN: 1219793D
    Reg-Bus-Name:
    Reg-Bus-Number:
    Organization-Postal: PO Box 326 A Beckett Street
    Organization-Postal: Melbourne
    Organization-Postal: VIC 3001
    Organization-Country-Code: AU
    Domain-Name: sex.com.au