[DNS] Invitation by ECITA to Make Senate Submission

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:43:11 +1000
Dear Michael Gallagher

Thank you very much for your telephone call to me today in which you advised
that you acting for the Senate "Environment, Communications, Information
Technology and the Arts Legislation Committee" (ECITA).

I also understand that the Committee is calling for submissions in relation to
the proposed Telecommunications Legislation Amendment Bill 2000.  In this
respect I advise that I do not intend to make any personal submissions.

However, I would advise that the Australian Domain Authority, auDA recently
set up two panels with an interest in the subject matter of this legislation:

                  The Name Policy Advisory Panel see
                  http://www.auda.org.au/panel/name/

                  The Competition Model Advisory Panel see
                  http://www.auda.org.au/panel/competition/

Whilst each of these panels has its own membership, and I am a member of the
second panel, such issues are most appropriately referred to the relevant
Chair persons.  Each panel also has an email distribution for its membership.

Both panels' secretarial functions are handled by Ms Jo Lim, with the National
Office for the Information Economy (NOIE) on jo.lim&#167;noie.gov.au.  I have sent
her a copy so she can make a formal representation to each panel.  Thanks, Jo!

As comments can also be sought through the auDA's general discussion list, I
have also emailed them a copy.  I understand from your remarks that interested
individuals can contact you directly on michael.gallagher&#167;aph.gov.au.

I feel sure that we all welcome the opportunities the Senate has provided.

Yours faithfully
Patrick Corliss