RE: [DNS] Selling com.au names [was: Re: AuDomains.com]

From: Rothnie, Warwick <Warwick.Rothnie§msj.com.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 17:04:28 +1000
Mallesons Stephen Jaques
Confidential communication

My experience is that you cannot register a domain name in .com.au (or
.net.au) without supplying the registration number of the relevant company
or business name.  I have always understood that this is because INA (I
don't know about connect.com.au) runs an automatic check of the number, not
the name, against the ASIC databases to confirm a "valid" registration.

Warwick A Rothnie
Partner
Mallesons Stephen Jaques Melbourne
Direct line (61 3) 9643 4254
Fax (61 3) 9643 5999

my apologies for the Confidential Communication notice which is
auto-generated.