Re: cybersquatting Elz

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 20:59:34 +0800
Quoting Matthew King:
> I am sorry but enough is enough. Basically he writes to auDA stating
> that he is granting them authority over "certain" aspects of the
> namespace after clearly stating it is still his and shall remain
> his...
>
>   "The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority ("IANA") has delegated to me
>   the authority to manage the .au namespace.
>
>   In the event that I am succeeded as the delegated authority for the
>   .au namespace, my successor shall assume all the rights and
>   obligations accruing to me under my arrangement with IANA and this
>   arrangement with you.
>
> His successor? Interesting terminology. Basically it seems he has no
> intention of letting go!

I can't see where it gives any indication that he has no intention of
"letting go" or otherwise. Indeed the language seems very neutral with
respect to that.

The first paragraph identifies under what authority he can delegate
com.au to auDA. The latter adds a safeguard to ensure stable operation
in the future.

kim