Re: [DNS] ABC: Australia supports global cyber-squatting regulations

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 08:58:51 +1100 (EST)
On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Rohan Levy wrote:

 > Again, I pose the question to the readers. Is the aim of this discussion
 > group to think of what to do with *.id.au ?

Seems to be about all that's going on in here right now, the minister's
feeble grasp on net.reality having been well enough dealt with! :-)

 > If it is the notion of making it a more active domain then 'yes' it is
 > important as to what the 'XYZ' in XYZ.id.au actually is, rather than
 > arbitraryString.id.au

I've got nothing against Australian native flora and fauna myself, but
perhaps that's because I live somewhere where there's still a bit left.

 > There is always the way of cutting the domain into areas: be it postcode or
 > state levels.

Er, I thought the whole id.au idea was providing namespace that _avoids_
constraining one to geographic or other most likely mutable attributes?

Cheers, Ian