Re: [DNS] Fw: Media release: Buyer Beware - All Internet Names are not the same.

From: <nick§zeta.org.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 21:35:21 +1000
In message <001201bdf81d$e0de0a70$0ca91ecb&#167;alma.atheatre.com>, "Jim Stewart" writes:

>Below may be the original press release you were looking for.

There's only one really _interesting_ word in the whole thing. Did you
spot it?

>>"INA takes their role of administering com.au very seriously. We are the
>>authority on Internet names in Australia [...]" added Mr Flory.

The authority, eh? That would be the Australian Domain Name Authority -
ADNA, right?

That's funny, I thought that INA (or Melbourne IT for the old folk) were
merely a registry with a non-exclusive license to register for com.au. They
do not set the policy, merely implement it. For INA to assume the role of
policymaker flies in the face of commonsense and the public interest.

If Mr Florey intended the word "authority" to mean "sagacious or wise"
then I can advise him to choose his words more carefully next time.

Nick.