DNS: Re: [Oz-ISP] Open Public Process - Sure.

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 00:09:42 +1000
>Get a life, Adam. Its just a mailing list. You, the person solely
>responsible for the creation of the new DNS list due to your actions on the

No Simon.  This isn't quite true.

>old one, a list created entirely to produce a space free of your negative
>influences, should try to actually realise the implications of that, and
>shut the hell up.

Negative?  Boy warm me up a little more and I'll post the email thread that
took place some months back where I submitted suggested names for
participants for the ADNA board and someone (who I won't name until the
thread is posted) called the list "Less than Useless."

Maybe It's time I let the people from that list of names really see where
they stand.

Do you recall the list by any chance?

If I'm the only person who could cause this action, then clearly there is a
lot of fear from the "members" in that I might actually influence people.

>That's probably a national first.

Actually, you should consider the HANSON factor.  As much as I'd hate to be
compared as such, the discussion around here of late has been just that.
The Hanson factor is a clear example of what happens when you do behave
like a school yard bullie.

Perhaps I should contact One Nation - I'm sure they'll love to get involved!

Boy will that upset your peace!

>Anyone other than you and some of your noisy mates are welcome, most
>welcome, to subscribe to the new DNS mailing list and see for yourself what

This isn't true.  I really get tired of liars.

>is happening there.  Please come prepared to THINK and hopefully to
>PARTICIPATE.

Maybe I'll just arrange for it to be approriatly archived so all can
participate.  Should I see if any of the participants of the old list wodl
be willing to reflect the new list?

>Don't let Adam do your thinking for you, his conspiracy theories are
>wearing tremendously thin at this point.

That's right, dont let me do your thinking, but do consider the
implications of being a SHEEP in a crowd and letting this group do your
thinking for you.

A Group that has "respectable people" who think that their local DNS server
has all the answers aroudn the world.  A group that has people who state
very wild facts to the media and slink away making legal threat but taking
no action.

SHEEP tend to follow a leader.  Hope your chosen SHEEP isn't a Wolf :)

>A new list was created since the existing dns mailing list was full of
>noise to the extent that it swamped the signal. And everyone who felt like

Actually this isn't true.  The swamping of "noise" as you call it was
mostly from a small number of members of the orignal list who seem to take
great delight in running concentric questions and flaming me - non stop.
Each time I made a constructie comment - and there were quite a few - I got
twenty replies from people who clearly didn't read the comments.

There are only so many times you can ask WHY? to every statement made.

And there are only so many private replies you can answer before you relise
there are more people watching than speaking.  Funny how the private
replies are nearly always so supportive and informative.

>it, voluntarily chose to leave Adam to his rantings in the old list and
>join the new list, free of his noise.

Again not altogether true.  A number of members decided a CLOSED and
RESITRICTED LIST would better represent the membership and that by causing
more stir and noise and laying a blame towards one single individual
(remember it takes two people to create a thread) woudl be able to convince
most to ignore the one.  Thus anyone who had a diverse or altering opinion
would be easily excluded.

Of course if you only want to talk about what the leader talks about, then
PLEASE join the list and become a Cockatoo. "ADNA want's the D N S CRAARQUE"

>Really quite an amazing result, and a
>victory for the individual's right to be free of the idiot fringe. Noone
>was compelled to do so, they all did so of their own free will.

Yes, and the "ALL" consists of around 20 odd people all with STRICT
COMMERCIAL internests in DNS.  Anyone to date representing the public has
been slamed, whammed and flamed.

>So we have not censored Adam, we have simply chosen not to listen to him,

But you have censored me.  I can not join the list.  My name is clearly
shown in the rules.

Shall I requote your words for you (and as quoted by you)- why not: