Re: DNS: Let me get this straight...AU is ONE person ?

From: Robert Elz <kre§munnari.OZ.AU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 19:45:37 +1000
    Date:        Mon, 22 Jun 1998 17:49:50 +1000
    From:        Richard Archer <rha&#167;interdomain.net.au>

  | Because in the event that Robert is no longer able to manage the domain,
  | I imagine there's a pretty good chance that the management would revert
  | to the University of Melbourne.

Whatever might happen, it would not be that - the University of Melbourne
has nothing whatever to do with the AU namespace (other than being an owner
of MelbourneIT which is a manager of COM.AU).   Managing AU doesn't generally
need any urgent attention, should I vanish, there would be plenty of time to
find some other person, or body, to take over before it became a problem that
it was running on self control (the last substantive change in AU itself was
a couple of years ago...).

org.au (and the other couple I look after) would be a bigger problem, but also
easier to find a replacement for.

kre