Re: DNS: .AU Board of Trustees Election - NOT

From: Larry Bloch <larry§netregistry.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:12:32 +1000
At 17:27 22/06/98 +1000, you wrote:
>At 16:56 +1000 22/6/98, Larry Bloch wrote:
>
>>Now I see the stakeholders as follows:
>>
>>Robert Elz
>>Government
>>The ISP Industry
>>The domain buying public
>>Commercial 'Players' in the domain registration business.
>>
>>any more?
>
>Yes.
>The domain name using public.
>
>Surely these people are the most important of all?
>
>And they are also the hardest to cater for, as they probably don't
>even know (or care) what a DNS is.
>
>It's up to us to make sure their best interests are considered.
>I seem to recall ISOC-AU have been vocal in representing these
>people's interests.

Couldn't agree with you more. This was actually what I meant when I put
down Domain buying public above. I mean the end users of domains, or rather
those that are paying for names.

Obviously they are too numerous to be included directly. And probably too
disorganised to be represented directly, but their interests should be the
first consideration.

The very first consideration. Any body that assumes responsibility for the
.AU namespace should have as its first priority an ideal to consider all
potential policy with the interests of those buying the names. Surely this
much is obvious? We are providing a service to the public.

Larry

>Yours sincerely,
>Richard Archer.

Larry Bloch
Chief Executive Officer
NetRegistry Pty Limited
email:  larry&#167;netregistry.au.com
Office: +61-(0)2-9555 6299
Fax:    +61-(0)2-9555 5808

http://www.netregistry.au.com
Domain House, PO Box 2088, Sydney, NSW 1043