Re: DNS: More .AU Questions...

From: <vicc§cia.net.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:10:26 +1000 (EST)
>_From: Jim Fleming
>
> On Sunday, June 21, 1998 10:06 PM, Simon Hackett[SMTP:simon&#167;internode.com.au] wrote:
> <snip>
> &#167;
> &#167;Precisely who (real people, email addresses etc pls) manage the process of
> &#167;that "consensus" ?How were they chosen? How are they removed if they
> &#167;misbehave? What is their code of conduct and where is it documented?

Robert was not "chosen" there is no way to remove him. there is no
definition of consensus, perticularly since many of the parties in the
sub domains seem to hate each others guts. they seem to go out of there
way to ensure no consensus view on any point is ever reached.

the entire dns process in australia has become an inbred farce, which
we are all waiting for someone to fix. personally methinks Robert Elz who
does have the initiative should do the right thing and hand over the reigns
to adna which was set up for this purpose.

most of us are sick of dns, I am sure Robert is sick of the situation, and I
wonder how much longer he is going to wait for a "consensus" view before
he give adna the job, given there will never be a "consensus" view.

Vic