DNS: Re: [apnic-talk] RE: White Paper follow up

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 03:29:00 +0100
Toru san and all,

Toru Takahashi wrote:

> Laina,
> I saw ifwp home page but there is no official statement on ISOC joinning. Also,
> IANA, ARIN, RIPE NCC and IETF. These organizations are real stakesholders.

  Define "Real Stakeholders" as it applies to IANA, ARIN, RIPE NCC and IETF.

> I am
> afraid that there will be a separated new organization from these stakesholders
> and insist to have global consensus. If so, there will be more confusion.

  Why would there be more confusion should this occur?  Most of the stakeholders
on the globe are NOT represented by IANA, ARIN, RIPE NCC and IETF or
any other specific group.  Don't they deserve a voice?  Shouldn't they have a
say in their own future.  What about commercial interests?  They are largely
NOT represented collectively by IANA, ARIN, RIPE NCC and IETF.  Shouldn't
they have a voice?  Shouldn't they be a part of determining the future or the
internet DNS and IP address structure as determined from the "Grass Roots"
in the WP?

> APNIC is out of ifwp, now. APNIC cannot have any representative at the July 1-2
> meeting.

  Ahhhhhh!  Now I see you motivation.  You are concerned that because APNIC is
going to be a 'No-Show" at the IFWP meeting on July 1-2 that there will be some
sort of
real input that you do not have a chance to participate in.  Well there is INET98
as well.  Will APNIC participate at that conference?  Take up your concerns there.