Re: DNS: Can we do something about noise on this list

From: Jean-Christophe Praud <jc.praud§ludexpress.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 07:34:52 +0200
Well...

Moderation always implies some subjectiveness...

As for "out of topics" : don't forget the fractal sciences story, for
example:

Fractals (& "chaos", or "mathematical monsters") were first observed by
ancient greek scientists, then by several scientists all along 20th
century (math, physics, meteorology, computing, etc.).
But they were understood as universal only in the 1980's when
researchers working in different sectors began to exchange views on
"their" problems...

Too much partition kills innovation. The Internet is exactly the
opposite of that.

As a french netizen, I'm concerned with what happens in Australia, as
well as everywhere on the Net. Aussies and others are welcome in
european and froggies lists, too...

David Keegel wrote:

> My suggestion is that if you see postings which are off-topic (and I'm
> happy to leave that up to individuals' discretion or somebody else to
> define) THEN DO NOT REPLY.  Especially where the author is repeating
> something (s)he has already said.

THAT seems a good view, isn't it ?

--
Jean-Christophe PRAUD - LUDEXPRESS  http://www.ludexpress.com