Re: DNS: AURSC - Announces Deployment of IPv8

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 13:04:45 +1000
>>Today AURSC released it's plans to develop and deploy IPv8, created by Jim
>>Fleming of the United States, throughout Australia and the AsiaPac Region.
>>

>Well, I did a search on the ietf web site for "IPv8". Nope, no matches
>there. What *are* you on about?

IPv8 is a product created by Jim Fleming.

IEFT doesn't have trademark or copyright over everything IPv*.

Bit like Intel not being allowed to sue over the Processor number, thus
they changed to a word instead.

>How about choosing a less deceptive term for your flights of fancy, and
>saving the rest of us a huge waste of space and time?

It's not my term.  Jim asked if we'd carry it, we haven't found a reason
not to, thus we have.  It appears fine from our view.  That doesn't mean we
endorse it, we just support it technically.

I'd hate to actually be seen to be biased or unsupportive of a persons
comments or ideas.

As always, I'm open to discussion on the matter - IN PRIVATE - if you see
reaon I should request that IPv8 be removed from AURSC, or you feel that
AHNET is possibly making a bad judgement call.

I'm ALWAYS open to views.