Re: DNS: perhaps suspect trading practise

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:21:22 +0100
Tony and all,

me&#167;tony-barry.emu.id.au wrote:

> At 11:47 AM 1998/06/17, Stephen Baxter wrote:
> >[I am not sure of the relevance of this list any longer due to most people
> >publically stating that it could be abandoned due to it being to turned
> >into the 'Adam and Jim Show' but here goes anyhow]
>
> Perhaps it's time to regain control.
>
> If the list is about *.au then we can forget about *.au.com other than a
> possibly interesting and potentially annoying thing which should be taken
> up with the owner of the *.com space pointing out the potential legal
> problems.

  I thought this list was about all Domains and TLD's within the Australia
area.

> If the list is about *.au then we should have a strong interest in who
> represents the interests of our space in the meeting forshadowed in the
> white paper.]

  You should. GIAW meeting being held in Reston Virginia I believe
(See www.GIAW.com for details).  You should also most likely attend
the ISOC's meeting coresponding with INET98 in Geneva from July 21-24
as well.

> Tony

>    mailto:tonyb&#167;netinfo.com.au      | Ningaui Pty Ltd
>   mailto:me&#167;Tony-Barry.emu.id.au    |   GPO Box 1680
> http://purl.oclc.org/NET/Tony.Barry | Canberra ACT 2601
>       Phone +61 4 1242 0397         |     AUSTRALIA

 regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.