Re: DNS: defining "official" domains

From: Robert Elz <kre§munnari.OZ.AU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 19:33:01 +1000
    Date:        Mon, 22 Jun 1998 08:58:17 +1000
    From:        Adam Todd <at&#167;ah.net>

  | You ignored the invoices.

No I didn't.  Wrong again (big surprise).   They (none of NSI, Internic,
or the IANA) never sent one.   No-one has ever sent me an invoice for any
domain name at all, ever.  Period.

They (NSI/Internic) apparently did send invoices to some other country TLDs.

If paying the $'s was to actually support the root servers, I wouldn't
mind (though why the rate for a country would be the same as the rate for
some trivial little domain I would have no idea).  But the costs aren't for
that, it doesn't go to the root servers, other than the ones that NSI
actually run themselves perhaps, nor is it intended to.  Ths charge covers
the costs of actually maintaining the data, doing updates, etc - and for AU
there is essentially none of that.

  | Now I'll accept yur apology in advance for indirectly calling me a liar.

I did nothing of the kind.   You said I paid for AU.   I said I didn't.
I also said that considering the source of the information it was not
surprising that it was wrong.   I didn't said you lied - that would imply
that you have some idea what you're talking about and chose to deliberately
misstate things.   I don't think that's true, I simply believe you have no
idea at all what you're talking about.

kre