Re: DNS: perhaps suspect trading practise

From: Adam Todd <at§>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:49:33 +1000
>The fax referred to in the original posting by Stephen was sent out by a
>reseller of names, NOT NetRegistry, the Authority.

As may be the case, and I've had a similar situation myself recently, you
are not responsible for someone elses lack of duty, unless of course you
approved it.  You claim you haven't so do nothing, just let them know you
don't approve, which you have.

I'm hoping shortly we'll have some media coverage to educate the consumer
with respect to Domain Names - and no I won't be pushing any products, just
stating that they should be aware of the sales process being used to
deceive them.

The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member (not employee)	  AURSC
Adam Todd                                 Personal
at&#167;aus  or				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network
AU Internet News
AU Internet User Mail List