Re: DNS: US White Paper

From: Leni Mayo <leni§moniker.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 14:48:00 +1000
George Michaelson wrote:

> Did you like the comments about the so-called TAX
> money? Gee, and I thought it was going to be refunded to everybody
> (not) but
> it leaves open the question: what will it be spent on? I suggested
> the ietf/iab
> on the mou-list and got laughed down, but I'd say it again: why not
> spend this
> money on funding the core processes which keep the wheels turning
> worldwide?

The money seems to be targeted at US Internet initiatives, despite the
fact that > 50% of new registrants are domiciled outside the US.  See
the last para of:

http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,21722,00.html?st.ne.ni.lh

Leni
--
Leni Mayo                          Ph:    +61 3 9428 5530
                                   Fax:   +61 3 9428 5902