Re: DNS: RE: [Fwd: NOTICE: .cc domain registrations]

From: Jean-Christophe Praud <jc.praud§ludexpress.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 07:49:07 +0200
Jeff Williams wrote:

> Jean and all
>
> Jean-Christophe Praud wrote:
>
> > With non-central decision processes, the technical requirements for DNS
> > management can be lowered, too. Making it easier for small organizations
> > to play their role.
> > The more people (servers) are involved in decision (DNS), the more
> > stable and sure the system becomes...
>
>   In principal I can agree with this.

The IRSC (http://www.aursc.ah.net ) is exactly working for that. Trying
to find as many people as we can to operate new TLDs and DNS servers.

> > The Internet as a whole was built following this principle : a localized
> > incident can't be allowed to crash all the network.
>
>   Agreed.
>

> > Can we accept that an InterNIC servers disruption (july '97) can destroy
> > all the Net ?
>
>   No.  But this problem was one time occurance.  It was mainly due to an
> operator error.

it's a bit like the Internet Worm : it MUST not happen anymore...

--
Jean-Christophe PRAUD - LUDEXPRESS  http://www.ludexpress.com
http://www.nicwine.net     http://www.nic.wine     3:213 WINE