Re: [DNS] The NOMINET model

From: Geoff Huston <gih§>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:50:09 +1000
The safety valve that there IS a way to deal directly is
a useful feature.

i.e. if you don't want to deal though me, him, her, or any other
member-agent, you can deal directly with the common registrar
body - abeit at a price commensurate with the additional
load imposed.

At 18:15 24/06/98 +0800, Michael Malone wrote:
>> It discourages end customers from buying directly from NOMINET by a
>> charging non-members twice the amount it charges members.
>Why is the rationale for allowing non members to register directly
>at all?  Why not have nominet act purely as a clearing house for
>its members?
>ps: so is the new signature ok?  If any bush lawyers would like to
>    suggest changes, please email me directly.
>This article is not to be reproduced or quoted beyond this forum without
>express permission of the author.  You don't know who really wrote it.
>134 subscribers. Archived at (dns/dns)
>Email "unsubscribe" to dns-request&#167; to be removed.

Geoff Huston
Internet Technology, Telstra