[DNS] Progress so far.

From: George Michaelson <ggm§dstc.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 16:01:38 +1000
So after a day, where are we?

- Its worth considering the nominet model
  noting that it really looks like its what com.au needs, and may not be viable
  for .AU governance as-is.

- We don't yet have a timeline for a NOIE meeting or an agenda, beyond a
  generalism that NOIE want to foster a solution, which is good.

- We have over 100 people on this list. Its likely to be everybody who has to
  date had a useful contribution to make. Its obviously not 'representative'
  for a whole bunch of measures, but that is probably irrelevant. Dissent is
  inevitable on that one.

- We still lack a framework for some consensus decisions. But we probably all
  know the bulletpoints we'd expect to converge on, in a loose sense.

-George

--
George Michaelson         |  DSTC Pty Ltd
Email: ggm&#167;dstc.edu.au    |  University of Qld 4072