Re: [DNS] the first step

From: Richard Archer <rha§interdomain.net.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:06:00 +1000
At 9:38 +1000 24/6/98, vicc&#167;cia.net.au wrote:

>I am appalled
>at the lack of progress of the last 12 months and its clear
>from the number of people on this list that there is a consensus
>for a fresh start. that there is a consensus for a body to
>be a forum for dns in this country and that all interested parties need
>to be involved from the start and to build on that consensual base.

Vic,

With all due respect, I hardly think it can be inferred from the number of
subscribers to this list that there is any sort of consensus to head in any
particular direction.

Perhaps the number of subscribers to the list indicates there are lots of
people out there who are concerned that the process of restructuring
management of the .AU domain is going to be fast-tracked, and they want to
make sure someone applies the brakes if the reformers get out of control.

That's part of the reason that I'm here.

>I dont believe we need wait for NOIE or anyone else for us to
>build a workable structure we can all agree will be working
>towards the best interests of the public.

OK, if you define a structure we're all happy to work within, I'm sure
we'll all gladly adopt it. The fact that no process has been made in the
last 12-18 months indicates that it is very difficult to define such a
structure.

Yours sincerely,
Richard Archer.

p.s. the shift key on your keyboard is broken :)