Re: DNS: [Oz-ISP] Social Engineering and 2LDs]

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:11:09 +1000
>You are using argument by analogy, which is doesn't hold water.

<sigh> THE BALL, THE BALL. Not the man.

>Adam, you often justify your position of alternative DNS services
>by meeting your customer's requirements, i.e. it is what the customer
>wants.

If it wasn't what the customer wanted why would they have spent over $1.2
million in the last 4 months?

>Well, the same holds for portability of domain names. And there

I've never had an argument AGAINST portability.  Please, read my context.

>is no technical reason domain names cannot move freely from
>one host system to another.

If someone can show me one reason, other than that I have already mentioned
(an ISP specific Sub Domain Identity - which is still portable anyway) then
I'll gladdly take it on board.  In the mean time, I AGREE I AGREE there is
no technical or really ethical reason not to have GENERIC SLD's TOTALLY
portable.

Well if anything, I'm being attached needlessly with useless areguments,
but at least it is showing that most agree.  Or is it that most wanted to
disagree with me because of a misconception and misreading of my context?

If I said the Sky was blue would you all debate it was purple?

Adam Todd               mailto:at&#167;ah.net   mailto:at§aus
http://adamtodd.ah.net  http://www.ah.net  http://www.aursc.ah.net
http://www.ah.net/lists/lwgate