Re: DNS: Prospective new domains (tm.au) & (pr.au)

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 13:24:45 +1000
>Thanks for the clear and rather unambiguous response, kre.

Hmm, it was good wasn't it.

>Given the above, which isn't so hard to understand, and hardly
>deserving of the draconian criticism seen on this and other lists,
>I fail to comprehend why the AlterNIC'ers and others constantly
>deride the .com.au rules.

AlterNIC isn't concerned one iota with COM.AU. And as far as I'm aware has
never made any comments on the COM.AU policy.

>Has anyone seen the mess within .com?

What mess?

It's first com, first served.  You must certify that the registration won't
conflict with any known trademark holder. (Great if your not in the USA -
technically.)

You must also agree to the disputes policy.  Which is undergoing a lot of
debate time and time again.

The only mess in the USA right now is:

  the lack of understanding by most about the wind down of the NSI agreement,

  the gTLD trying to stomp their way into the Legacy Root Servers exclusively,

  trademark disputes which occur infrequently, but legitimately against
  cybersquatters.

Your point being?

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net