Re: DNS: Re: Mailing-list white noise

From: Stephen Baxter <steve§senet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 08:30:12 +0930 (CST)
>  >His insinuations, ignorance, accusations, and harrassment recently
>  >contributed to the resignation of one of the ADNA directors, and
>  >though I may have differences with ADNA, this was a very ugly and
>  >regrettable thing to happen.
>  >

>  It was actually a question put by myself that finally tiped Mr Baxter out.

Oh wait a minute - james austin(your real name) - why get around with a
different name ?

And it was not you who 'tiped me out' - if people who give their time (and
money) voluntarily to causes are constatly chipped away at and acused of
wrong doings then you will always get this type of outcome.

For the record the reasons I gave for resigning were work related, the
only effort I had made to contributing towrd ADNA since its inception were
frantic attempts to catch p before the meeting - boards should be made of
doers, people who are willing to gets their hands dirty. I had no time to
give.
I aslo gave the reason that I have had a gutful of DNS. What is wrong
with .au ? MIT gets domains done in less than 7 days ussually. If you can
read and comprehend their (kre's) rules you will most likely get first
time approval.  If you get constant rejections - reread their rules and
try to understand them (or tell your customer to get real).
Once MIT start taking more than 10 ten days to approve names then I will
start to get active again.

Running an ISP and (shock horor !) making money for me and my employees
was ,and is, still taking far too much of my time. I feel that devoting
more time to our local Internet Association is time better spent. At least
ever thing that you do does not come under some pathetic spotlight of
small minded people.

If you want a reasonable outcome that actually works for the Australian
Internet community then you need to involve the people who will have to
run it. Pipe dreams of getting fish mongers, policemen and street bums to
give input are as crazy as ever.

ADNA WAS the only chance for the Australian communtiy to have some say in
the running .au. Noisy time wasters hijacked the debate. If ADNA fails
what will you all do, continue to winge and bitch on a mailling list that
things just are not fair. Get real - get behind ADNA or make something
that is better. Remember the DNS forums (I notice the noisy one never
attended them) - ADNA was formed from those meetings. Get your public
support - but be careful because there are lots of people willing to shout
from the sidelines but NEVER actually have the guts to give things a go
themselves.

As for critisim of ADNA - well that is easy. Why not try to help it
instead.

I notice the message from Kate from asking people to filter noise - I did
and have enjoyed the peace ever since resigning - has he been as annoying
as usual.

>  He claims he resigned due to lack of time, and this may be the case in any
>  case he is gone and someone will fill his place, Maybe you Kate?

That would be really good to get ISOC-AU on the board or just as members -
it would mean that all of the energy that ISOC has could be directed
toward helping as opposed to giving more ammo to the time wasters !

Stephen Baxter                            SE Network Access
SE Network Access                         http://www.senet.com.au
Direct Internet Access                    222 Grote Street
phone : +61 8 8221 5221                   Adelaide 5000
fax   : +61 8 8221 5220

(Support Ausbone - do not go quietly into the night !)
                http://www.ausbone.net

<http://www.senet.com.au/~steve/pgp.html for Public Key>