Re: DNS: ADNA has a LONG way to go.

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 22:42:54 +1000
>So how do I reconcile this statement with this false root .aus stuff

Hmm, last time I looked The servers I sponsor for AURSC and those sponsored
by other members conformed to RFC 2010.  Must be REAL root servers.

I should also ask, Geoff are you running a Root Server?

No, didn't think so.

As a point of interest, it's a breach of the Trade Practices Act to make a
misleading statement about a product.

You statement "false root .aus" is in fact misleading because AURSC does
run fully RFC compliant root servers.  This makes them ROOT SERVERS.

Secondly .AUS is resolvable, thus it's mislwading to say it's false,
because it is in fact a truth, it does exist and it's visible and can be seen.

They stars don't exist if your indoors looking at a painted roof.  Is in
fact a false statement, because if you LOOK outside you will probably see
the stars.  Especially from Canberra, use to be such a nice view.

So please be very careful when making claims about AURSC, they could lead
to an action under the Trade Practices Act.