(Fwd) Re: DNS: Suggested ADNA Board Members

From: <paul.brooks§globalone.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 01:22:29 +0000
On  3 Mar 98 Deus Ex Machina wrote:

> far kre is lord high grand governor general and is dictating exactly
> how they will operate in terms of what names they approve.
> unprecedented. unaceptable. unfair.

Garbage Vic. The success of the Internet itself is due mainly to
individuals and small groups getting off their butts and innovating
first, then showing the world. Design-by-committee is precisely why
ISO/OSI failed, and TCP/IP triumphed. I can't recall the exact
phrase, but it goes something like 'working code, and rough
consensus'. You may belive it to be unfair, even unacceptable, but
having one individual volunteer to provide an essential service that
keep the Internet roughly on track for the majority certainly isn't
unprecedented - in fact, you owe your livelihood to it.

Paul Brooks               | paul.brooks&#167;globalone.net
Manager, Data Networks    | pbrooks&#167;gip.net
Global One Communications | Ph +61 2 9290 9000
Sydney, Australia         |