Re: DNS: SRS mechanism

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:35:57 +1100
>who put together the site for toyota.  your rules are censorship. censorship
>is damage to the flow of information. people ill always route around it.

I guess that's why in the USA there are now Root Server choices and ISP's
and users are voting with their DN Servers (as some are really starting to
say).

I guess that's why I have little faith in the .AU name space, especially
when the rules change every two weeks, or are made to suite the person in
charge at the time someone makes a request.

This is very much like the I* crowd trying to retain control of the Legacy
Root Servers.

It will eventually lead to disarray.

Talking of which - and I recall someone mentoning gTLD yesterday - you are
aware that the CORE had announced it will be setting up COM, NET and ORG
servers to compete with NSI.

And after all their talk of Fragmentation and Segmentation.  I think it's
about time some people WOKE up and, to use a common cliche - SMELT THE
ROSES - because the Internet isn't what it use to be, and isn't going to be
the same again.

If your interested in BYPASSING .AU and the current monopolies and gaining
a little mroe control and having some input, please talk to me.
Configuration is easy - 4 more AU ISP's converted this week and the
preasure is on to make decisions about .AU name space.

If ALL AU ISP's users AURSC root servers, and AURSC didn't support COM.AU,
please tell me what it's value then is?

Very little in my humble opinion.

Education is the key factor here and education is under way.

And If I hear further of MIT saying that .AUS doesn't exist then EDUCATION
will be approached in far greater ways than expected.  It does EXIST and it
IS BEING USED.

Now, back to Business.  ISP's it's your choice you can let KRE, MIT and
ADNA control your business or you can take control yourself.

Looking forward to hearing from those who WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERANCE, rather
than wait for someone else to tell 'em what is done.

      The world operates 24 hours a day ... so do the servers.
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
						   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net
AU Root Server Confederation              http://aursc.ah.net
AU Internet News  mailto:internet-request&#167;ah.net  with "subscribe"