Re: DNS: NET.AU

From: Chris Chaundy <chris§connect.com.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 19:02:33 +1000
The open net.au policy was becoming subject to abuse by some less principled
members of the Internet community.  We did not wish to restrict legitimate
access to domain names but the abuse was causing severe operational difficulties
and after discussion with the delegate for net.au (Hugh Irvine), a new and
more restrictive policy was implemented (effective for new registrations from
1-Dec-1997).

--
Chris Chaundy (Core Engineering Manager)

connect.com.au pty ltd, Level 9, 114 Albert Rd, Sth Melbourne, VIC 3205, Aust.
Internet: chris&#167;connect.com.au   Phone: +61 3 9251-3671   Fax: +61 3 9251-3666