DNS: Legal advice on com.au apps?

From: Stewart Carter <edireport§attmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 17:21:09 +0000
I have to say that I think its pretty funny that some lawyers have been paid to give
legal advice on the meaning of the word lawyer in the matter of the successful
application for the domain name - lawyer.com.au

But more seriously, some people may conclude from this episode that they will improve
their chances of having their com.au applications accepted if, before they apply,
they buy some supportive legal advice.

I'm sure that's not intended to be concluded but it might be helpful to spell out or
define administrative policy as to when the registrar will seek legal advice on
domain name applications?

Stewart Carter
Electronic Commerce Report
edireport&#167;attmail.com