Re: Re DNS: Yellow Pages rule, OK!

From: ramin <ramin§consultco.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 11:37:38 +1100
Peter Gerrand wrote:

> ((BLABLABLA))
>
> Andrew
>
> Thank you for drawing my attention (and that of the dns mailing list!) to
> those anomalies, which I take very seriously. I have investigated the
> examples you gave, this morning, and am satisfied that no unethical "money
> or influence" or "racket" (to quote Ramin) has taken place in the Bureau's
> decisions. The old adage of Australian politics - "given the choice of a
> conspiracy or a stuff-up as the explanation, go for a stuff-up every time"
> - is equally applicable here.

I guess an abbreviated public version of my private response to Peter is
in
order:

A "racket" does not have to involve money and may be something as simple
as
an "old boys club" informal operation without any implied explicit or
implicit arrangements (can even be viewed as pseudo random stuff ups).

So consult (as in www.consult) is not a good or service (it would be
consulting)
is not an industry sector (again it would be consulting), is not an
organisation type (consultant, consulting) yet it was specifically
disallowed
as per an email i got directly from ceo&#167;MelbourneIT this year.

Peter, this is about inconsistency and frustration.  You should also
note the
big IF STATEMENT in the post.  I have not accused or implied MelbourneIT
taking
money (other than business as usual peanuts). I am however concerned
that this
is what you read into it! ...But i can talk firsthand about
the trouble i am having getting my Trademark as a domain name.
I was also a little surprised that MagnaData appeared to be involved in
these
cases (i recall someone from Magna, Ljuke?, sitting/chairing all those
meetings) but probably just a coincidence.

--
ramin marzbani
www.consult pty limited

THE 4'TH WWW.CONSULT AUSTRALIAN ONLINE SURVEY IS HERE!
SHORTER THAN BEFORE!!
Have Your Say - if you live in Oz http://survey.hotlink.com.au

Looking for a Web Developer? Try http://web-developers.com