Re: DNS: funding the competition infrastucture

From: Simon Hackett <simon§internode.com.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:22:07 +0900
>I like free software because I feel that I can trust it.  If ADNA has to
>develop this stuff, I don't think it should try to go into the software
>business and sell the repository software to anyone else.  The best ADNA
>could hope for is to make it free, hope that other repositories will
>pick it up and use it, and so develop a community of users with a shared
>interest in it's quality and stability.

It does not have to be free. It just has to be developed under a
pre-existing agreement that all ADNA appointed DNA's will have a zero cost
right-to-use - which is not the same thing as free.

Simon
---
Simon Hackett, Technical Director, Internode Systems Pty Ltd
31 York St [PO Box 284, Rundle Mall], Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia
Email: simon&#167;internode.com.au  Web: http://www.on.net
Phone: +61-8-8223-2999          Fax: +61-8-8223-1777