Re: DNS: Suggestion for Melbourne IT

From: Ron Creevey <ronc§magna.com.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 13:53:17 -0900
Brett Caird, you wrote:
>Things have been a bit quiet on this list so even though I probably should
>have sent this direct to Melbourne IT I thought I might put it to the list
>so that everybody doesn't forget its here.
>
>Do you think it would be a good idea for Melbourne IT to send an email
>acknowledgement that they have received your cheque and processing has
>begun, and perhaps even give the date they should be meeting for their
>service guarantee?

No, I don't think that this would be necessary. This could only result in
slowing
things down.

>We have had a couple of instances where we have been expecting an answer
>back only to find later that they had a holiday we didn't know about or that
>the cheque wasn't received as quickly as would be expected or we had used a
>wrong form (and no official form at all, because we didn't know there was
>one to begin with).  Basically if we had known something was amiss we could
>have fixed it and adjusted our expectations instead of mumbling under our
>breath and having a go at Melbourne IT for not delivering in manner that we
>would have said was "on time".

If you are using cheque's as a method of payment and also sendng them by mail,
you have to make allowances for slow delivery or other reasons outside
MIT's control
i.e.public holidays.

Regards,

Ron Creevey
NSW Sales Manager		email:  ronc&#167;magna.com.au
				tel:      (02) 9272 9600
Magna Data Australia		Fax:     (02) 9264 7308
Internet.Solutions.Provider	WWW: www.magna.com.au