Approval of M.IT pricing policy (was Re: DNS: P Montgomery Report in CW)

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 19:02:03 +1100 (EST)
Professor Peter Gerrand wrote:
] What I have claimed, and continue to claim, is that the DNS Forum has
] approved our Pricing Policy, which explicitly included the renewal fees;
] and for your information, that approval specifically occurred at the DNS
] Forum public forum meeting in the Melbourne Exhibition Centre on 25
] October 1996.

As someone who was at most of that meeting, I would be most interested
to read Peter's definition of "approval" (or Luke's for that matter).

If approval simply means that the meeting didn't tear the house down
while Peter presented the pricing policy that Melbourne IT would be
implementing, then I would have to agree with him.

On the other hand if approval had anything to do with voting, or most
of the participants actively agreeing, then I would have to disagree.

I can't recall anyone (aside from Peter obviously) actively endorsing
the renewal pricing model which was presented.  I certainly didn't.

I would also be interested in seeing a list of names of people present
at that meeting.  The ones I know are Peter Gerrand, Luke Carruthers,
and David Keegel.
David Keegel <djk&#167;cyber.com.au>  http://www.cyber.com.au/  +61 3 9642-5997
Cybersource P/L: Unix Systems Administration and TCP/IP network management