DNS: Re: IAMEMS: Letter to MelbourneIT

From: Larry Singer <larry§wright.com.au>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 09:59:50 +1000
This was to the ISOC-AU members mailing list. I have reposted it here also:

>From the keyboard of Pauline van Winsen <Pauline.van.Winsen&#167;uniq.com.au>:

Firstly, thanks for the efforts you have made to get a more satisfactory
resolution to this debacle/farce.

>for category 3:
>that the renewal date be moved to November 1st to give the clear 1 year
>grace period.

I had waited as long as I felt I could before finally sending a cheque off
to Melbourne IT at the beginning of this week.

Because Melbourne IT has been so slow and reluctant to agree to any
reasonable terms I have now been disadvantaged! (It's not so much the money
for 1 domain name that I am worried about, it's the principle!)

There is another category beyond the 3 mentioned in your message (which is
the category I have just joined):

Those who have paid (renewal?) fees because they can't do without their
domain name, but have up until now had no need for the services of Melbourne
IT and can forsee none for the near future.

If the deadline for payment, etc are *again* changing (and I will be
watching the DNS mailing list closely) I will have to demand that I now be
treated as if I haven't paid any fees until I either need the services
requiring payment or 1st November, whichever is soonest.

The drama continues.

love Panther

---
Panther (as in Pinkboard Panther) <panther&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Larry Singer <larrys&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Pinkboard is on http://www.pinkboard.com.au
I am on http://www.pinkboard.com.au/~panther
Sending junk email to my addresses will result in rude messages.
Make sure you always have Safe Sex.
Love your brother no matter what colour.

---
Panther (as in Pinkboard Panther) <panther&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Larry Singer <larrys&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Larry Singer <larry&#167;wright.com.au>
http://www.pinkboard.com.au/~panther/
Sending junk email to my addresses will result in rude messages.
"That kind of guy."